Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A repetition

I'm starting to see that every week my meals are becoming a repetition. No, seriously. You can pretty much guarantee one of the following with he cooked in the approximate 6 days of my cooking per week.

•meatloaf
•speghetti
•taco bake/ enchiladas/soft tacos
•jambalaya
•pb&js
•something I bring home for work
•sloppy joes

Every once in a while Honey will grill up something scrumptious but other than that my menu is repetitive. I have plenty of recipes to try however moving and all our pantry is starting out at the bare basics. So you better believe I've been sticking to quick and simple, because really that's my forte.

I'm starting to realize that the whole "mastering" my domestic side is going to take time, patience, and a few burnt meals. Need I mention my fear of our oven?



note: the picture is from when we were just looking at the house, therefore that awesome shade of blue no longer exists
Yes it is apparent that that bad ass stove is from the early 90's possibly 80's. Why I'm scared and cautious to use it? The first time Honey and I ever used it we purchased a pizza from the store. We set the oven on the instructed setting and though it called for 18-20 minutes by 10 it was a cremated pizza.

Lesson learned: set it 25° below instructed setting.

before an after pictures of my kitchen to come... And the failed mission to replace the 80's oven

No comments:

Post a Comment