Friday, June 1, 2012

Diva vs. Vacuum

Let me start this out by saying thank goodness I went to college! If it weren't for that honey and I would have a serious dent in our wallets. I had the basics already purchased from a paper towel holder to an ironing board. However when you have three roommates plus yourself there's no need nor room for quadruples of the essentials. So though I had my toaster, plates, silverware, and other necessities I still have some larger ticket items to purchase. We've lived in our home for a month now and I still argued with myself on when to buy a vacuum cleaner, what brand, and what style. I'm not looking to spend a pretty penny on an impulsive purchase. Yesterday I finally made my vacuum purchase. after all it's been a month and I can only borrow my moms vacuum for so long. I ended up buying the Bissell Powergroom.



With so much excitement I rushed home to play with my new toy. After putting it together I started on the hardwood floors "this thing is a mean green cleaning machine!"...or so I thought. The whole reason I went with this vacuum is because it was reasonably priced on top of its claim to clean hardwood floor+carpet. When I got to the carpet I quickly realized I'd made a poor purchase. After trying all of the settings I realized that the head on the $89.99 vacuum was not capable of an "easy glide" across the carpet like the $30 Dirt Devil would've given me.

So after arguing with myself for a hot minute and having the feeling of being defeated by my lack of researching skills I came to the decision of returning the Bissell for something that would better suit my needs of a clean floor.

My next step is researching vacuums and finding one that is reasonably priced and is capable of fulfilling my cleaning needs.

Wish me luck!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment