Sunday, November 18, 2012

Wedding update

So as I mentioned before with my grandfather being ill and passing away my blogging came to a halt. It wasn't just my blogging but it was wedding planning as well along with a lot of other things.

So to bring you up to speed here's what I have accomplished with wedding planning thus far! 167 days to go!

We have our venue deposit paid. We will be getting married at a historical house here in town. It is absolutely gorgeous and I'm not being bias! It will be an outdoor ceremony with the reception taking place inside.

We have finally decided on a wedding photographer as well as a DJ. It seems like the dress would be my biggest stress but honestly it was the photographer and dj. We chose Bethany Ann (www.bethanyannphotography.com) and she has actually worked a wedding at our venue before so it definitely brings piece of mind knowing that she's familiar with the surroundings. Needless to say she the most talented photographer we came by in our vicinity.

I also have purchased my veil, dress, and garter belts. After going to different boutiques it turns out it was the very first dress I tried on that was the dress! So I'm excited to get over that hurdle.

We have quite a bit more to accomplish but I have been prioritizing what's most important. First was the venue and dress. Then photographer and dj. Now my top of the list bride duties are the bridesmaid dresses, the cake, and getting Kyle in gear on planning the honeymoon. Once those are done I'm moving onto invitations, reception menu, and other odds and ends.

All together I think I'm making pretty good progress. At times it's beyond overwhelming thinking about all that needs to be accomplished but taking it task by task, for me, is ultimately the way to keep sanity. At the end of the day I get to marry the man of my dreams and start our future together. For that, I couldn't feel more blessed.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Her photos are so pretty. I can't wait to see yours. I think photographer will be my biggest worry when my day ever comes. I love pictures too much.

    ReplyDelete