Monday, August 20, 2012

Lemonade to silicon




Remember when you were a kid it was easy to make a quick buck by stirring a lemonade koolaid packet and some sugar together, writing lemonade 10¢ on a piece of paper, and sitting at the edge of your driveway? I clearly remember my sister telling me I was lame until I brought back a big jar of dimes, quarters, and dollars. I remember even though my sign said 10¢ I would get a buck from some 'customers' because of my entrepreneurship (okay and the fact that it was a blistering 100°+ outside and clearly that shows dedication).

What I'm getting to is clearly I was in the wrong business and technologically behind. While Kyle was working on his truck Sunday morning two of the neighborhood kids were riding their bikes in their pj pants and bare feet (yeah don't get me started on that..) and they came to Kyle and told him they were selling bracelets and silicon iPhone cases for a dollar. I'm not talking about bracelets that you make from stolen yarn out of your moms crafting corner. Enter legit bracelets.






Heard of the rapper Drake and his awesome "yolo" that has started to take its toll? Yolo standing for you only live once and a bible scripture on the back. Kyle purchased three of them because you know it's the nice thing to do and also it's inspirational to look down at the verse on occasion. How did we go from lemonade to silicon bracelets and iPhone cases? Next we will be selling luggage and ripped off coach purses.

On another note I have finally gave in. Yes, finally. I went and purchased Fifty Shades of Grey. I've started reading the first two chapters but then I decided to finish my kitchen project..which will eventually make its debut. So far it's okay but I already know its about to get wild because people have big mouths and like to spoil the fun.

That's all for this Monday.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I heard those books were wild, but I'll be waiting a few more months until everyone else gets over the hype of them and there are a million used copies floating around for me to buy super cheap :p

    ReplyDelete