Saturday, August 18, 2012

Declined.

I'll be honest I fortunately do not get embarrassed frequently. It takes a WHOLE lot to embarrass me. Though some people would say this is a good thing, often I would beg to differ. Due to my lack of embarrassing moments when the occasion rises for one I truly do not know how to act or respond...which clearly makes the moment more embarrassing.

After stripping the meat in the mornings I head to my store and frequently stop by the donut shop for some breakfast, yeah not healthy but it's on the way and one of the only places open. Yes I could make my breakfast the night before or carry along a lunch box but as said yesterday I trying to make due with my organizing of life. End rant, not what this post is about. Wednesday I was following my normal breakfast routine or so I thought. And so it went like this:
Walk in, stand in line, tug-o-war with the cinnamon twist or cinnamon roll, mind made up! Next in line.
Quirky Asian woman that I frequently want to punch in face for all her fashion failures along with cake makeup is there to wait on me.
In her all time annoying voice, "next pleeeeze, hi how may I hel yeww?"
Me, "I would like a cinnamon roll please"
QAW (quirky Asian woman), "is dat aww fo yewww todayy"
Me, "yes please".
-she puts roll in bag, I hand over a debit card-
QAW, "yeww muss spend three dolla fo cawd"
-walk over grab green tea, make way back-
-she swipes card-
QAW, "oh yeww decline"
no! I just deposited my check, I haven't paid any bills yet nor went shopping! There's money there! You're clearly just as dumb as I thought!!
Me, "no the money is there try again"
QAW,"no yeww decline but I swipe 'gain".
-pause-
QAW, "no yeww still decline"
-enter ridiculous embarrassment-
Me, "okay thank you"
Stunned I start to walk off
QAW, "yeww cud atlease poot up yo dreeenk"



I wanted to slap her. In my time of embarrassment she decides to make my walk of shame a little more embarrassing. I was devastated. Truly mortified.

I get into my car and I'm clearly at loss of words. Immediately I check my account. Plenty of money to purchase my 3.75$ breakfast. then it dawns on me I got a new card in the mail along with everyone else who uses the same bank because the new cards have more security. The cards were activated on the 14th deactivating our old ones. My embarrassing moment quickly switched to frustration.

Either way whether I had a million dollars in my account and it just wasn't working or I only had one dollar she should've never treated me as if I was a low class citizen barely scraping by and could not afford my breakfast. Yes, I'm still a little hostile towards her. You better believe I went in the following morning and I slammed my card down. Naturally, someone else waited on me while she annoyed someone else. I'm going to pretend she saw my card swiped and saw that I did not tip her ass either. After all I was barely scraping by right?



Images via google
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I hate situations like these..because even if you know you have the money and it's just a weird banking error, you know the other person is judging you regardless. That lady sounded like quite the biotch though.

    ReplyDelete