Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Burn ban & no water




I have been a busy bee here lately. Well kind of, I've actually been spending my spare time running through my reading list. I just finished Identical by Ellen Hopkins and now I've started on her Tricks. Um let's just say Identical is twisted in more ways than one! Definitely an ending I was unprepared for yet good, nonetheless.






I'm starting to get excited for Tricks. The further I read the deeper I get. When I'm through with that I'm branching from Ellen Hopkins and reading I Have Lived a Thousand Years by Livia Bitton-Jackson. A true story written by a woman who survived through the Holocaust. I've never been a huge history buff but for some reason the Holocaust highly intrigues me and I couldn't even tell you why.

I don't know about y'all but the weather here in Clarksville, TN is obnoxious. We reached 110° last week and we are in a severe drought. The whole county has been placed under a burn ban, yes right before the fourth of July we are banned from fireworks, grilling, and anything else that ignites. Topping that we're placed under a water restriction as well.



Thats a 24hr car wash down the street from my work. No one is allowed to wash cars at home you have to attend a car wash...hoping that the day you decide to wash your car they're actually open for business. In one weekend alone there were 241 calls to the police department informing of fireworks and grilling. If you're caught doing any of thes things it's a $2,500 fine and 11/29. 11months and 29days jail time. Shit is intense here y'all.

Tomorrow I'm getting off work at 12 and heading to the lake with Kyle and a friend of his from work and his wife. We're heading down to Paris Landing for the big firework show...yeah they haven't banned that yet.

Hope everyone has a Happy Fourth!

1 comment:

  1. Wow sounds like crazy stuff. Hopefully things get... wetter... soon!
    I havent heard of this Ellen Hopkins but maybe I should look into her stuff.

    ReplyDelete