Wednesday, July 11, 2012

That's pinteresting!



SO my lack of posts come from a multitude of reasons: time, laziness, and this throbbing headache I've had going on for a week now.

I've also been pinning on Pinterest like a mad woman lately. I'm trying to come by cheap chic ways to decorate and put my house together as well as inexpensive, easy, and tasty recipes. Though my house has some rhyme and reason and is slightly decorate with picture frames and candles it still needs a few final touches to make everything come together. I really need to sit down and organize a list of what I want to do in each room and what need to be accomplished in that room to make it "complete". It obviously is going to be a bit of a long process but I know it will get there one day. Thankfully I'm pretty artistic and not lacking in the creativity department but like my preacher said in his sermon a couple weeks back, I need to utilize the gifts that God has blessed me with. So instead of purchasing paintings and miscellaneous wall art I've decided I will be making it.
Some of the crafts on my list: via Pinterest




I absolutely LOVE this idea! Take a poster frame and paint chips and it makes a monthly calendar. I've been having a hard time semi incorporating all of my kitchen colors (which I got off of a paint chip) so this would be a great way to do just that plus organize/plan in the process!



Once again I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly what I want to do with my fireplace mantel. With this simple step my step outline it will definitely help me look for the different items to make my mantel really stand out.



I'm wanting to do a tile back splash much like the one above for my stove. A neighbor of my moms tiled her entire kitchen and told my mom it was a lot easier than she ever imagined possible. Project to tackle? Oh just maybe!



Kyle and I are always finding new ways to express our love for each other. This is a great way to do just that. Everyday write one more reason you love each other. Scrapbook paper+printer+picture frame...cheap yet unique way of showing some lovin! Love love love this idea. Also I think it would be a good idea to do this for like a daily or weekly bible scripture.




Doily+canvas+spray paint!? Why in the world did I not think of such an easy and cheap way to spruce up a little area, or big for that matter.



I love this crafty idea of displaying your jewelry. I have a walk in closet that is kinda close to boring so I definitely plan on completing this craft.



I absolutely love this. Being that Kyle's, and my future, initial is W makes me love this all the more. I plan on doing this above the sofa in the living room. I love the personalization of pictures and initials yet it also helps take up that big empty space above my couch.

I'm looking forward to tackling these ideas. I also came across one where they took empty wine bottles and layered different sized rubber bands and paled spray paint. Super cheap knick-knack! (and one mor reason to buy some wine hehe). I plan on making a page of Pinterest crafts I plan on doing as well as the ones I've completed.

Happy Wednesday, almost Thursday in a few hours :)

1 comment:

  1. I made the 'I love you because' frame for my married friends. It's super cute and now I wouldn't mind having one for myself, but this time around I think I'd make mine smaller. I've also got a photo collage in my living room, but I'd like to add to that too.
    Good luck with all your projects. Decor is a million times more enjoyable if you make it yourself.

    ReplyDelete